Les Amis de Beauford Delaney is supporting the completion of

BEAUFORD DELANEY: SO SPLENDID A JOURNEY,

the first full-length documentary about Beauford.


Join us in making this video tribute to Beauford a reality!

TO MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION,

CLICK HERE.



Saturday, January 13, 2024

Rachel Cohen on Beauford

I'm away from the office for the next few weeks and not able to fully concentrate on the stories I'm developing for the blog.

Because I don't want to "press pause" on the publishing schedule, for this week's post I'm taking the liberty of sharing content that Rachel Cohen wrote about Beauford. 

She has penned some of the most thoughtful commentary on Beauford's work that I've ever read!

I'm sure you'll enjoy this June 2020 piece, which is entitled 

"Beauford Delaney and James Baldwin, Notes of Native Sons." 

 

Untitled (Village Street Scene)
(1948) Oil on canvas
Signed and dated in oil, lower left.
Image from Swann Auction Galleries Web site
© Estate of Beauford Delaney
by permission of Derek L. Spratley, Esquire,
Court Appointed Administrator

No comments: