Les Amis de Beauford Delaney is supporting the completion of

BEAUFORD DELANEY: SO SPLENDID A JOURNEY,

the first full-length documentary about Beauford.


Join us in making this video tribute to Beauford a reality!

TO MAKE A TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION,

CLICK HERE.



Saturday, April 18, 2020

Beauford's Palette

Several months ago, I wrote a post about Beauford at the Luxembourg Garden.

I thought of it as I passed the garden the other day, while my husband and I were out for our 1-hour allotment of exercise during the COVID-19 pandemic. The garden's grillwork fence allows for a virtually unobstructed view of the landscape, which is even more stunning in the absence of people.

The flower beds were MAGNIFICENT! The colors were so vibrant and beautifully transposed that I immediately thought of Beauford's palette.

I'm sure he would have appreciated these colors and can easily imagine what he would have done with them on canvas.

Yellow tulips
© Entrée to Black Paris

He would have been beside himself had he seen these gorgeous red tulips.

Red tulips
© Entrée to Black Paris

Red tulips - "zoom lens view"
© Entrée to Black Paris

And though I'm sure he would have admired Le Faune dansant, I think he would have enjoyed the surrounding tulips more!

Le Faune Dansant and tulip bed
© Entrée to Black Paris

Stay safe and stay home!

No comments: